The Girl in the Ice sells ONE MILLION

I’m over the moon, gobsmacked, stunned, and so happy to hear from my fabulous publisher Bookouture that The Girl in the The Ice has now sold ONE MILLION copies.

This time last year I was nervously gearing up for the book launch, and worrying how readers would take my change of direction from writing romantic comedies to crime thrillers.

I never dreamed I would sell so many books in such a short time. The Erika Foster Series: The Girl in the Ice, The Night Stalker and Dark Water have now sold over 1.4 million copies and will be published in 25 languages. Now people are surprised to hear that I also write romantic comedies.

I have so much to be thankful for, and I know I say this over and over, but thank you. YOU the readers are the most important people. When I started out as a writer and self-published my first book, I saw just how powerful word-of-mouth can be. There was no money for marketing, and no one outside my twenty-five followers on Twitter knew who I was, but slowly I saw my books being talked about and recommended.

So I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all, readers new and old, and to make a solemn promise that I will continue to write the best books I possibly can for you all. If I keep doing that, I know I can’t go wrong.

Rob B 🙂

bryndza-one-million-sales-press-release

About Robert Bryndza

Robert Bryndza is the author of the international #1 bestseller The Girl in the Ice. The Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller is the first book in the Detective Erika Foster series. The Night Stalker, and Dark Water are the second and third books in the series, and the fourth book, Last Breath, has just been published. Robert's books have sold over 1.7 million copies, and have been translated into 26 languages. In addition to writing crime fiction, Robert has published a bestselling series of romantic comedy novels. He is British and lives in Slovakia. You can find out more about the author at www.robertbryndza.com and on Twitter and Instagram @RobertBryndza Sign up to Robert Bryndza‘s New Release Mailing List here: http://eepurl.com/UITxz (Simply cut-and-paste that address into your browser. Your email will never be shared and you will only be contacted when a new book is out.)
This entry was posted in Robert Bryndza Blog posts. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Girl in the Ice sells ONE MILLION

1. Shirley Groves says:

Very well deserved. can not wait for the next book. Shirley

Liked by 1 person

2. Julie Root says:

Congratulations Robert. We were all there with baited breath waiting to read your first cross over genre. We needn’t have worried and now and now waiting for book no 4 of the excellent serries. I appreciate having something to look forward to, cos my life is not good.

Liked by 1 person

3. Truly fantastic and well deserved!!!! Congratulations and keep writing, please!!

Liked by 1 person

4. Janelise says:

So thrilled for you Rob – you deserve all the accolades you receive – your Girl in the Ice series were all stunning and I loved them.
    We – your readers and admirers – thank you!
    JanElise

Liked by 1 person

5. Raena says:

Congratulations on your success! I’ve just finished Dark Water this evening. I’ve loved each book in the DCI Foster series. I can’t wait for more.

6. Jean Brook says:

This is just wonderful and fantastic, I am so happy for you Robert and so deserved, as your writing skill’s blow me away. I am half way through The Night Stalker and it’s really really eeire and dark and so enjoyable, its every bit as brilliant as Girl… Dark water I will race out and get that when I have finished Stalker…. Erika comes across to the reader so familiar, very real and personal. I didn’t know you write Romantic Comedies, well I’ll be!!! LOL I will read them one day after the Erika Foster series. I have never written to an author before and I have a few I really love, BUT your my favourite now… Good for you, you deserve this so enjoy the ride !!!
    Best always Jean 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. Jean Brook says:

The movie will be next …you watch!! Can’t wait. Who would you like to play Erika Robert? I am curious xx

Liked by 1 person

8. Patrizia says:

Hi, from the east coast of America! I’m addicted to Erika and her friends and bosses! When will there be more? I’ve just finished the third book and am going through withdrawal!pointdlac@

Liked by 1 person

9. Juana R says:

I read “The Girl in the Ice” in 2 sits. I can honestly say that it is one of those rare cases where a thriller really kept me glued to the screen (I bought the ebook) til the very last page. You deserve your success and am now looking forward to reading your latest work. All the best!

Liked by 1 person

10. I have just finished Last Breath and absolutely loved it , but what a horrible character Darryl was ! I have now read all of your detective Erika Foster books ( the last 3 in just 2 weeks ) and I think I need some light relief , so I’m going to try one of your comedy books . All of your books are so different , with many twists and turns . I absolutely love them, keep doing more of the same please Rob 😀 x

Liked by 1 person